Bell Schedule 2021-2022
Fridays Rotate (A/B)
8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: 1st Period
9:35 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.: 2nd Period
11:15 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.: First Lunch
11:45 a.m. – 1:15 a.m.: 3rd Period
11:15 a.m. -12:45 p.m.: 3rd Period
12:50 p.m. – 1:15 a.m.: Second Lunch
1:20 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.: 4th Period
2:55 p.m. – 3:55 p.m.: Online Office Hours (if applicable)
Monday: Math/Social Studies
Friday Bell Schedule
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.: 1st Period
9:05 a.m. - 10:05 a.m.: 2nd Period
10:10 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.: Blazer Block
10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.: First Lunch
11:20 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.: 3rd Period
10:45 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.: 3rd Period
11:55 a.m.- 12:25 p.m.:2nd Lunch
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: 4th Period
A Greer Middle College student accepts academic rigor as the main focus of high school, expects to attend college for training or a degree, has reached the maturity and skill level required to begin taking college courses, has reached a developmental level that allows independent work, and seeks the challenge to learn and grow.
To be successful, GMC students must:
- Believe in themselves
- Promptly seek assistance from any facility, staff, or administration when necessary.
- Prepare for classes and bring all necessary materials to class.
- Ask for help. Each student is a member of the team that is working for success.
- Get involved.
Student Community Service Requirements
Students are required to complete 50 hours of service to the school and community each year, accumulating 200 hours before graduation.
- No more than 20 hours can be done at or for Greer Middle College. Students may use NO MORE than 1/2 of the total hours from any single event. For example, a week-long mission trip to Peru counts for no more than 25 hours.
- Community service must be activities done in the community.
- Babysitting does not count for credit unless the student is helping a community family (not their own family) in need and they are not being compensated.
- No service hours may be counted if the service was done for one’s immediate family.
- No service hours may be counted if student is paid for the service.
- All service hours must be signed by the supervisor in charge and the student’s advisor. Forms will not be accepted if they are not signed.
- Students cannot purchase any books or supplies in exchange for service hours.
- Students may NOT count carpooling as service hours unless approved by the administration at the beginning of the year or before any carpooling has begun.
- Students may help a student with their Senior Project and accumulate GMC hours only (no more than 20). Seniors may not count any service hours related to his/her Senior Project.