Bell Schedule 2022-2022
8:00 am – 9:30 am: 1st Period
9:35 am – 11:10 am: 2nd Period
11:10 am – 11:45 am: First Lunch
11:45 am – 1:15 pm: 3rd Period
11:15 am -12:45 pm: 3rd Period
12:45 pm – 1:20 pm: Second Lunch
1:20 pm – 2:50 pm: 4th Period
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Office Hours
Monday: Career Tech / Spanish
Tuesday: Science / Elective
Thursday: Math/Social Studies
Friday Bell Schedule
(Fridays Rotate A/B)
8:00 am - 9:05 am: 1st Period
9:10 am - 10:15 am: 2nd Period
10:20 am - 10:50 am: Blazer Block
10:50 am - 11:15 am: First Lunch
11:15 am - 12:20 pm: 3rd Period
10:55 am - 12:00 pm: 3rd Period
12:00 pm- 12:25 pm: 2nd Lunch
12:25 pm - 1:30 pm: 4th Period
A Greer Middle College student accepts academic rigor as the main focus of high school, expects to attend college for training or a degree, has reached the maturity and skill level required to begin taking college courses, has reached a developmental level that allows independent work, and seeks the challenge to learn and grow.
To be successful, GMC students must:
- Believe in themselves
- Promptly seek assistance from any facility, staff, or administration when necessary.
- Prepare for classes and bring all necessary materials to class.
- Ask for help. Each student is a member of the team that is working for success.
- Get involved.
Student Community Service Requirements
Students are required to complete 50 hours of service to the school and community each year, accumulating 200 hours before graduation.
- No more than 20 hours can be done at or for Greer Middle College. Students may use NO MORE than 1/2 of the total hours from any single event. For example, a week-long mission trip to Peru counts for no more than 25 hours.
- Community service must be activities done in the community.
- Babysitting does not count for credit unless the student is helping a community family (not their own family) in need and they are not being compensated.
- No service hours may be counted if the service was done for one’s immediate family.
- No service hours may be counted if student is paid for the service.
- All service hours must be signed by the supervisor in charge and the student’s advisor. Forms will not be accepted if they are not signed.
- Students cannot purchase any books or supplies in exchange for service hours.
- Students may NOT count carpooling as service hours unless approved by the administration at the beginning of the year or before any carpooling has begun.
- Students may help a student with their Senior Project and accumulate GMC hours only (no more than 20). Seniors may not count any service hours related to his/her Senior Project.