8:00 – 9:30 1st A/B
9:38 – 11:08 2nd A/B
11:13 – 11:43 First Lunch
11:48 – 1:19 3rd A/B
11:13 – 12:44 3rd A/B
12:49 – 1:19 Second Lunch
1:27 – 3:00 4th A/B
8:00 – 9:00 1st A/B
9:05 – 10:05 2nd A/B
10:10 – 10:40 Blazer Block
10:45 – 11:15 First Lunch
11:20 – 12:25 3rd A/B
10:45 – 11:50 3rd A/B
11:55 – 12:25 Second Lunch
12:30 – 1:30 4th A/B
A Greer Middle College student accepts academic rigor as the main focus of high school, expects to attend college for training or a degree, has reached the maturity and skill level required to begin taking college courses, has reached a developmental level that allows independent work, and seeks the challenge to learn and grow.
To be successful, GMC students must:
- Believe in themselves
- Promptly seek assistance from any facility, staff, or administration when necessary.
- Prepare for classes and bring all necessary materials to class.
- Ask for help. Each student is a member of the team that is working for success.
- Get involved.
Student Community Service Requirements
Students are required to complete 50 hours of service to the school and community each year, accumulating 200 hours before graduation.
- No more than 20 hours can be done at or for Greer Middle College. Students may use NO MORE than 1/2 of the total hours from any single event. For example, a week-long mission trip to Peru counts for no more than 25 hours.
- Community service must be activities done in the community.
- Babysitting does not count for credit unless the student is helping a community family (not their own family) in need and they are not being compensated.
- No service hours may be counted if the service was done for one’s immediate family.
- No service hours may be counted if student is paid for the service.
- All service hours must be signed by the supervisor in charge and the student’s advisor. Forms will not be accepted if they are not signed.
- Students cannot purchase any books or supplies in exchange for service hours.
- Students may NOT count carpooling as service hours unless approved by the administration at the beginning of the year or before any carpooling has begun.
- Students may help a student with their Senior Project and accumulate GMC hours only (no more than 20). Seniors may not count any service hours related to his/her Senior Project.