GMC Enrollment Information
Greer Middle College Charter High School is a public charter school in the South Carolina Charter School District.
Any student in South Carolina may apply to attend tuition free
Incoming Freshmen Applications and Enrollment
GMC typically enrolls 140 new freshmen each school year. If there are more applicants than space available for the incoming freshman class, a lottery will take place to determine which students will be admitted to the incoming freshmen class.
Rising freshmen should submit an application online between September 28th and October 30th to be entered in the lottery. Each application will be assigned a database number to represent the student in the lottery. These will be generated and emailed at the end of the Open Enrollment period (Please do not call the school). The lottery results, in database placement number order, will be posted online and on the front door of the school. Due to privacy, student names will not be posted online.
Enrollment Timeline for Incoming Freshmen
for the 2021/2022 School Year:
|Open Enrollment Video||CLICK HERE|
Applications Accepted for Lottery
|September 28th-October 30th|
|School Tour Dates||CANCELLED DUE TO COVID|
|Application Numbers Posted at GMC
(Each student will be given an application
number to represent them in the lottery.)
|November 5, 2020 by 5 pm|
|Lottery Drawing||November 12, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Link to view will be posted online.
|Lottery Notification Sent By:||November 24, 2020|
|Acceptance Letter Due By:||Please Return ASAP|
|Enrollment Packets Due By:||December 11, 2020|
|New Student Intake Meeting
|March 13, 2021
9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Applications submitted after October 30th will be placed on the wait list after lottery applicants.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the Info. Night or take a tour prior to applying.
- Due to the large number of applications and keeping classroom interruptions to a minimum, we do not offer tours outside our scheduled tour dates.
Upperclassmen Applications and Enrollment
Openings in other grades are on an as-available basis throughout the school year. Please call the school’s Registrar, Denise Clark, at 864-469-7571 to check on space availability.
Click on the text below to download:
Please ONLY submit ONE of the following.
- 2021/22 Incoming Freshman Lottery Application is now available.
- Click here to complete The Wait-list Student Application (high school transfers).