Greer Middle College Charter High School is a public charter high school located on the Benson Campus of Greenville Technical College. GMC serves around 500 students in grades 9-12. Open enrollment allows any student living within South Carolina to attend without any admission tests or tuition costs.
Our Student Body
- 46 GMC students have received Associate Degrees from Greenville Tech since 2012.
- GMC students surpassed Greenville County’s and the state’s average passing rate on End of Course exams.
- GMC students scored higher than the state and national averages on the PSAT and ACT and the state average on SAT.
- Over 20,000 community service hours served each year.
Our Class of 2022 Graduates
Largest Class to Graduate from GMC.
- Received over $6.9 million in scholarship money projected over four years to attend 30 different colleges and/or universities in 10 different states.
- 10 seniors qualified for Palmetto Fellows Scholarship.
- 3 team state championships in cross country and track.
Outstanding Features and Programs
As a public charter, GMC provides our students many unique educational and extracurricular opportunities:
- Greenville Technical College Partnership allows students to take college classes while in high school.
- Project-Based Learning emphasizes the use of critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration by preparing students with the prerequisites to be successful in the 21st century workplace.
- Mastery Learning requires students to earn an 80% in each course to receive credit and allows students to retest or resubmit major assignments that fall below mastery.
- Senior Capstone Project/Apprenticeship/Internship enables students to use their knowledge and skills to complete a portfolio, product, and presentation.
- Office Hours, Writing Center, Math Center, and Smart Center offer students additional one-on-one academic support.
- Community Service encourages both families and students to be involved in the local community.
- Sports include Cross-Country, Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, Swimming, Fishing, Golf, Baseball and Track.